SEDI is the System for Electronic Disclosure by Insiders, established by the applicable securities regulatory authorities. SEDI facilitates the filing and public dissemination of "insider reports" in electronic format via the Internet and this website.
Insiders who are required by provincial securities laws to file insider reports in electronic format must use this website to make these filings. Insiders of foreign reporting issuers that are not required to file their disclosure documents in SEDAR, are exempt from filing in SEDI but are still required to file insider reports in paper format with the applicable securities regulatory authority. To faciliate insider reporting in SEDI, issuers filing in SEDAR are required to file in SEDI certain issuer information, including their lists of security designations and corporate event information.
The Canadian Securities Administrators have appointed CDS INC., a company affiliated with The Canadian Depository for Securities Limited, to operate SEDI.
Insiders or agents wishing to file insider reports or make other filings in SEDI must first login to SEDI using a valid user ID and password. Depending on the user type, SEDI will ask for the Insider Access Key before allowing any access to the Insider Profile. Once access t o the profile is secured, the user can start filing the insider information or insider transactions.
For first time users, a SEDI User Registration Form (Form 55-102F5) must first be submitted online as follows:
- Select Register as a SEDI user button from the Welcome to SEDI screen
- Enter user information to SEDI Form 55-102F5 . Submit and certify user information.
- SEDI will then provide the User ID and password. The user must print a copy of the SEDI User Registration Form by selecting the Printer Friendly Version button, sign the printed copy and send it to the SEDI operator (CDS) using the fax number indicated in the Form.
- The SEDI operator will review and validate the user information then activate the user account. Once the user account has been activiated, the user can start filing insider reports..
To access SEDI online help, click Help in their site.
Public SEDI Filings
Insider reports and certain related information filed in SEDI are available on this website, as follows:
- To view an insider's profile, click Access public filings and then click View insider information.
- To view an issuer's profile or issuer event reports, click Access public filings and then click View issuer information.
To view summary reports compiled for the applicable securities regulatory authorities, click Access public filings and then click View summary reports.