Investor Solutions as New Year’s Resolutions
We all want to have financial success - especially when we start thinking about a fresh new year ahead of us. Time to get rid of the old habits and start some new ones, right?
Make 2011 a great year for you. Here are some simple resolutions to be a better investor:
- Start now. Have you always wanted to invest, but felt you don’t know enough about it? If so, make this the year you learn more. Read through our simple and easy to understand investor brochures.
- Develop a plan. Whether you go it alone, or get the help of a registered financial adviser, having a plan helps you stay on track. Try our Investment Planning Worksheet to get a good handle on where you stand now.
- Know the signs of fraud. The more you know about investing and your own financial goals, the less likely you’ll be swayed in the direction of a scam. Read up on the red flags of investing.
- Do a background check. Don’t take your friend’s word on the success of an investment or investment company. Check it out for yourself first, before you hand over your money.
- Use the resources of your local securities regulator. We have unbiased and helpful resources for you as an investor. For instance, our Enforcement, Confirm Registration and News Releases sections contain useful information that other sources aren’t able to provide.
Make this the year that you become a better informed investor. A bit of research and reading can go a long way in helping you make your investing decisions.
Comment on this blog...
About this Blog
We’ve created this blog to present you with answers to some of the more popular questions we receive from investors. We'll have different subject matter experts blogging about what they know best and we'll update it as new blogs arise. We hope you'll find it interesting and helpful.
Hi, I’m Lorinda Brinton, senior advisor for Investor Education at the ASC. During the last five and a half years I’ve been working to get you the information you need when making your investing decisions. We have many resources throughout the site to help you be more informed and better protect your money. Check them out – I’m sure you’ll discover some tools or information that will be useful.
Here are some links I think you’ll find helpful:
Ask your question
If you have a question you would like to see answered on this page, email them to email@example.com. We may not use every question we receive but will concentrate on areas from which we receive the most inquiries.
If you have a question related directly to your own situation, please contact ASC inquiries using our toll free number (1-877-355-4488) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a complaint, email email@example.com or call 403-355-3888.
We encourage you to make use of our ASC resources to reduce your vulnerability to fraud, and to help you to become a better informed investor with some knowledge of how the markets work.
Read our Helpful Brochures and Reading Material.
Sign up for our Weekly Updates.