Top Five Investor Resources of 2010
With December upon us, I thought it would be a great time to share some of the most popular ASC investor resources over the past year.
Visits to albertasecurities.com increased 18 per cent since last year, so we know that investors are finding value in the information we provide.
Here’s the top five resources they were checking out in 2010:
- Decisions and Orders: check enforcement history of a company or individual
- For Investors: make informed investing decisions and be aware of scams
- Reporting Issuers List: see if a company is in “default” or has been cease-traded
- You ASC’d blog: read up on current trends and topics around investing (like you’re doing right now!)
- Registrant Search: find out if a person offering you an investment is registered
As well, here are some other pages on our website that investors found helpful:
- Check First – learn to ask the right investing questions using helpful tools
- Courses and Resources – find out where you can take an investing class or get brochures
- Investor Watch – read what to watch for and how to do a national background search
We also have many investors or “would-be” investors who joined ASC on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. These are great ways to keep up to date with our new resources and stay informed about what is happening in Alberta’s capital market.
So, if you have a little down time over the holidays, check out these investor tools and resources. You never know when you might need them!
Comment on this blog...
About this Blog
We’ve created this blog to present you with answers to some of the more popular questions we receive from investors. We'll have different subject matter experts blogging about what they know best and we'll update it as new blogs arise. We hope you'll find it interesting and helpful.
Hi, I’m Lorinda Brinton, senior advisor for Investor Education at the ASC. During the last five or so years I’ve been working hard to get you the information you need when making your investing decisions. We have many helpful resources to help you be more informed and protect your money. Check out the information throughout our website - it is there for you, so don’t be afraid to explore. Happy reading!
Here are some links I think you’ll find helpful:
Ask your question
If you have a question you would like to see answered on this page, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not use every question we receive but will concentrate on areas from which we receive the most inquiries.
If you have a question related directly to your own situation, please contact ASC inquiries using our toll free number (1-877-355-4488) or email email@example.com. If you have a complaint, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403-355-3888.
We encourage you to make use of our ASC resources to reduce your vulnerability to fraud, and to help you to become a better informed investor with some knowledge of how the markets work.
Read our Helpful Brochures and Reading Material.
Sign up for our Weekly Updates.