Can't find the term you're looking for in the list below? Try these websites:
How do I find more information on letters and designations you might see listed after a financial professional's name.
See Our Guide to Designations
- back end load
- A sales charge or commission investors pay when an investment is sold.
- balance sheet or statement of financial position
- A financial statement that shows a company's financial condition at a specific point in time. It summarizes a company's assets, liabilities, and shareholders' equity.
- balanced portfolio
- An investment portfolio that holds an appropriate mix of different types of investments, such as bonds and shares.
- A market or sector index against which you can measure the performance of an investment (such as a mutual fund).
- Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- An organization dedicated to fostering fair and honest relationships between businesses and consumers, instilling consumer confidence and contributing to an ethical business environment. Visit the BBB website.
- bid price
- The highest price a buyer is willing to pay for a security.
- An investment in which a government or company promises to repay money borrowed from investors at a specified time and to pay interest at a specified rate.
- An estimate of the income and expenses of a person, a family or an organization, over a certain period of time.