Can't find the term you're looking for in the list below? Try these websites:
How do I find more information on letters and designations you might see listed after a financial professional's name.
See Our Guide to Designations
- earning per share (EPS)
- The portion of a company's profits divided by the number of shares outstanding.
- egX Canada Inc.
- egX Canada Inc., a subsidiary of Global Financial Group Inc. (GFG), is a fully regulated exchange developed for the listing and trading of real estate securities and related financial products.
- Shares in a company.
- Securities deposited with a neutral third party and held in trust that are delivered when certain conditions are fulfilled.
- exchange traded fund (ETF)
- A fund that holds the same mix of investments as a stock or bond market index and trades on a stock exchange.
- exempt market
- A market where private companies sell their securities under various exemptions from the prospectus requirement to investors that meet specific criteria in National Instrument 45-106 Prospectus and Registration Exemptions.
- The Securities Act and Rules provide a number of exemptions from securities law requirements. The criteria for exemptions from the prospectus requirement are contained in National Instrument 45-106 Prospectus and Registration Exemptions and from the registration requirement are contained in National Instrument 31-103 Registration Requirements, Exemptions and Ongoing Registrant Obligations.
- expected return
- The overall profit you expect to receive from an investment in the future which may be very different from the actual returns that you eventually receive.