Can't find the term you're looking for in the list below? Try these we
How do I find more information on letters and designations you might see listed after a financial professional's name.
See Our Guide to Designations
- labour sponsored investment fund
- A fund that provides venture capital to new and small businesses and offers tax incentives to investors.
- legal advice
- Advice from a lawyer on your individual circumstances.
- An investment technique where you use a small amount of your own money to make an investment of much larger value. It involves borrowing money and can result in magnified gains or losses.
- limited partnership
- An interest in a partnership consisting of a general partner who manages the partnership, and limited partners who provide the investment capital.
- Ability to sell an investment quickly and at a fair price.