Can't find the term you're looking for in the list below? Try these websites:
How do I find more information on letters and designations you might see listed after a financial professional's name.
See Our Guide to Designations
- National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations (NASDAQ)
- The largest electronic screen-based equity securities market in the United States; originally founded in 1971.
- National Registration Database (NRD)
- The CSA's national web-based system that permits individuals who are dealers or advisers to file registration forms electronically. Investors can check if an individual or firm is registered to sell investments.
- net asset value (NAV)
- The value of all the assets of a mutual fund, less the fund's liabilities.
- new client account form
- You are required to complete this form when you open a securities trading account. This form includes basic personal information and your investment preferences.
- Natural Gas Exchange. Was recently granted recognition to operate as an Exchange and Clearing Agency.
- Nigerian scam
- Also known as “West African letter scam”. Individuals who claim to be high-ranking government officials from a developing nation send an email explaining they need help from you to remove money from an account and deposit it in a mutually accessible bank account or simply provide a bank account number. Although they promise a sum of money for doing this, the individuals drain the bank accounts and are never heard from again.
- North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA)
- An association that consists of Canadian provincial, American state and Mexican federal securities regulators. NASAA promotes cooperation in the development and enforcement of securities laws and to assist members in investor protection.