Can't find the term you're looking for in the list below? Try these websites:
How do I find more information on letters and designations you might see listed after a financial professional's name.
See Our Guide to Designations
- takeover bid
- An offer that a shareholder or prospective shareholder makes to acquire at least 20% of the shares of a company.
- term deposit
- A type of deposit with a financial institution that is repaid to you at a specified time (for example, 90 days or one year) and at a specified interest rate.
- thinly traded
- A term that describes an inactive or infrequently traded security.
- TMX group
- A public company that operates several markets including the Toronto Stock Exchange, TSX Venture Exchange, and the Montreal Exchange.
- A trade is the disposition of a security for valuable consideration. It does not include the purchase of a security or a transfer, pledge or mortgage or other encumbrance of a security for the purpose of giving collateral for debt.
- trailer fees
- A commission or fee paid monthly or quarterly to salespeople for advice and other services.
- transfer agent
- A trust company, bank, or financial institution that a company appoints to maintain records of investors and account balances and transactions.
- trust company
- A financial institution, similar to a bank, that can take deposits and make loans; trust companies often provide other specialized services that banks cannot, like administering estates and pension plans.
- Toronto Stock Exchange - TSX is a subsidiary of TSX Group.
- TSX Group
- A public company that owns the Toronto Stock Exchange and TSX Venture Exchange.
- TSX Venture Exchange
- The national junior Equity exchange, a subsidiary of TSX Group.